10 Bidders for Nagpur-Vijayawada Expressway’s Work in Telangana
10 construction firms have submitted a total of 24 bids to construct packages 1-3 of the 405 km Nagpur – Vijayawada Economic Corridor’s 112 km Mancherial – Warangal section in Telangana.
This new 4 lane access-controlled highway by National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) will have a mix of greenfield and brownfield-upgraded sections with an alignment passing by Adilabad, Mancherial, Warangal and Khammam.
Construction of its Mancherial – Warangal greenfield corridor connecting connecting Narva, Puttapaka, Pangidipalle and Oorugonda will be carried out under the Bharatmala Pariyojana Phase-I program (Lot-4/Package-7) with a goal to improve the efficiency of freight movement and boost exports via port connectivity.
NHAI had invited tenders for construction by hybrid annuity model (HAM) in November 2022 with a 2 year deadline. Technical bids were opened today.
- Bekem Infra Projects Pvt. Ltd. – P1 & P2
- Chetak Enterprises Ltd. – P1 only
- Dilip Buildcon Ltd. (DBL) – P1, P2 & P3
- GR Infraprojects Ltd. (GRIL) – P1, P2 & P3
- HG Infra Engineering Ltd. (HGIEL) – P1, P2 & P3
- Kalyan Toll Infrastructure Ltd. – P2 & P3
- KNR Constructions Ltd. – P1, P2 & P3
- Megha Engineering and Infrastructures Ltd. (MEIL) – P1, P2 & P3
- Montecarlo Ltd. – P1, P2 & P3
- Oriental Structural Engineers Pvt. Ltd. – P2 only
Package Scope and Chainage
- Package 1 (31.466 km): Narva at Ch.3.834 Km to Puttapaka at Ch.35.300 Km
- Package 2 (37.050 km): Puttapaka at Ch.35.300 Km to Pangidipalle at Ch.72.350 Km
- Package 3 (39.890 km): Pangidipalle at Ch.72.350 Km to Oorugonda at Ch.112.240 Km
The bids have now been sent for technical evaluation which can take a couple months to complete. When that is done, the financial bids of the technically qualified bidders will be opened to reveal who’s the lowest bidder and most likely contractor for each package.
Bidding is also currently underway for the 108.24 km Warangal – Khammam (NH-163G) section’s 3 packages (see scope here). The current bid submission deadline is March 2, so stay tuned!
For more updates, check out the Expressway section or my Home Page! Sign up for free instant email notifications on new posts over here. Like this post? Get early-access to updates and support the site over here.