8 construction firms have submitted bids for 27.87 km Bhopal Metro Phase 1 project’s elevated Package BH-03 after Madhya Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (MPMRCL) opened technical bids this Saturday.
This approximately 5.34 km civil package on Bhopal Metro’s Orange Line consists of 2 disjointed sections with a total of 6 elevated stations located on either side of underground Package BH-04 (Sindhi Colony – Aish Bagh) where bidding is underway.
- Southern Section (approx. 1.62 km): Subhash Nagar Underpass Station to Aishbagh Ramp with 2 stations at Pul Bogda (interchange with 12.9 km Blue Line) and Aishbagh
- Northern Section (approx. 3.72 km): Sindhi Colony Ramp to Karond with 4 stations at Sindhi Colony, DIG Bungalow, Krishi Upaj Mandi and Karond
MPMRCL had invited tenders for Package BH-03’s construction in April 2023 with a Rs. 647.47 crore estimate and 1092 days (3 year) deadline.
- Afcons Infrastructure Ltd.
- Ceigall India Ltd.
- Dineshchandra R Agrawal Infracon Pvt. Ltd. (DRA Infra)
- J Kumar Infraprojects (JKIL)
- Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd. (RVNL)
- Ranjit Buildcon Ltd. (RBL)
- Sam India Builtwell
- URC Construction (URCC)
Tender No: 680/MPMRCL/2023/Package BH-03
Brief Scope: Part design and construction of elevated viaduct, six (6) elevated metro rail stations viz Pul Bogda (a Passenger Interchange station between Orange and Blue line), Aishbagh, Sindhi Colony, DIG Bungalow, Krishi Upaj Mandi and Karond and Two ramps between Chainages 27+000 & 28+375 and 31+765 & 36+139 for Bhopal Metro Rail Project.
The bids have now been sent for technical bid evaluation which can take a couple months to complete. When that is done, the financial bids of the technically qualified bidders will be opened to reveal who’s the lowest bidder and most likely contractor for its construction.
This package is the 3rd civil package on the main-line and 4th overall (including Subhash Nagar Depot) to enter the technical bid evaluation stage. A list of all civil and system packages can be viewed here.
For more updates, check out the Bhopal section or my Home Page! Sign up for free instant email notifications on new posts over here. Like this post? See how you can get early-access to updates and support the site over here.