13 Bidders for Warangal – Khammam Expressway’s Work in Telangana
13 construction firms have bid to construct 108.24 km Khammam – Vijayawada Expressway (NH-163G) of the 405 km Nagpur – Vijayawada Economic Corridor in Telangana.
This new 4 lane access-controlled highway by National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) will have a mix of greenfield and brownfield-upgraded sections with an alignment passing by Adilabad, Mancherial, Warangal and Khammam.
Construction of its Warangal – Khammam greenfield corridor will be carried out via 3 civil packages under the Bharatmala Pariyojana Phase-I program with a goal to improve the efficiency of freight movement and boost exports via port connectivity.
NHAI had invited tenders for all 3 packages’ civil construction by hybrid annuity model (HAM) in December 2022 with a 2 year deadline. Technical bids were opened on Tuesday.
- Bekem Infra Projects Pvt. Ltd. – P2 & P3
- Dilip Buildcon Ltd. – P1, P2 & P3
- Dineshchandra R Agrawal Infracon Pvt. Ltd. – P1, P2 & P3
- GR Infraprojects Ltd. – P1, P2 & P3
- HG Infra Engineering Ltd. – P1, P2 & P3
- KMV Projects Ltd. – P1 & P2
- KNR Constructions Ltd. – P1, P2 & P3
- Lakshmi Infrastructure And Developers India Pvt. Ltd. – P1, P2 & P3
- Megha Engineering and Infrastructures Ltd. – P1, P2 & P3
- Montecarlo Ltd. – P2 & P3
- Oriental Structural Engineers Pvt. Ltd. – P1, P2 & P3
- PSK Infrastructures and Projects Pvt. Ltd. – P1, P2 & P3
- VDB Projects Pvt. Ltd. – P1 only
Package Scope and Chainage
- Package 1: Oorugonda village in Hanamkonda District at Ch.112.240 Km to Venkatpur village in Warangal District Ch. 150.240
- Package 2: Venkatpur village in Warangal Ch. 150.240 Km to Thallasenkesa village in Mahabubabed District at Ch.189.650 km
- Package 3: Thallasenkesa village at Design Ch. 189.650 km to V.Vekatayapalem village in Khammam District
The bids have now been sent for technical evaluation which can take a couple months to complete. When that is done, the financial bids of the technically qualified bidders will be opened to reveal who’s the lowest bidder and most likely contractor for each package.
On Tuesday, NHAI also received 19 bids from 9 firms for Khammam – Vijayawada Expressway’s work. A complete list of Nagpur – Vijayawada Economic Corridor’s packages, their contractors and status can be viewed here.
For more updates, check out the Expressway section or my Home Page! Sign up for free instant email notifications on new posts over here. Like this post? Get early-access to updates and support the site over here.