13 construction firms have submitted bids to construct the 67 km Bandikui – Jaipur spur of the 1350 km Delhi – Mumbai Expressway (DME) project.
This 6 lane access-controlled spur’s Detailed Project Report (DPR) was prepared by SA Infrastructure Consultants. Its alignment lies entirely within Rajasthan and will have a 60m right of way (ROW).
The project’s pre-feasibility report can be viewed here, and NHAI’s stated main objective for its development is to reduce the travel time from Delhi-NCR to Jaipur.
National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) invited tenders for its construction in December 2021 with a 1189.10 crore estimate and 910 day (2.5 year) deadline. Technical bids were opened on Thursday.
- CDS Infra Projects Ltd.
- Ceigall India Ltd.
- Dilip Buildcon Ltd.
- Dineshchandra R Agrawal Infracon Pvt. Ltd.
- Gawar Construction Ltd.
- G R Infraprojects Ltd.
- HG Infra Engineering Ltd.
- KCC Buildcon Pvt. Ltd.
- Megha Engineering and Infrastructures Ltd.
- Montecarlo Ltd.
- Ashoka Buildcon Ltd.
- PNC Infratech Ltd
- Roadway Solutions India Infra Ltd.
Brief Scope: Construction of 6Lane Greenfield spur from Delhi Vadodara Greenfield expressway near Bandikui to Jaipur in Bharatmala Pariyojana Phase-I on HAM in Rajasthan
The bids have been sent for technical bid evaluation which can take a couple months to complete. When that is completed, the financial bids of the technically qualified bidders will be opened to reveal who’s the lowest bidder and most likely contractor.
The Delhi-Mumbai Expressway project has a few other spurs in the works:
- 92 km JNPT spur in Maharashtra. Status: 4/5 tenders have been awarded.
- 30 km connectivity to Noida’s Jewar International Airport from DND-Faridabad-Ballabhagh Bypass Spur. Status: Current technical bid opening date is April 13.
- 130 km Ujjain Spur connecting Garoth – Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh. Status: Tender notice is pending.
For more updates, check out the Expressway section or my Home Page! Sign up for free instant email notifications on new posts over here. Like this post? See how you can get early-access to updates and support the site over here.