6 Bidders for Kanpur & Agra Metros’ Ballastless Track-Work
Six firms / consortia have submitted bids to supply and install ballastless tracks and fastening systems for the 32.385 km Kanpur Metro and 29.40 km Agra Metro‘s Phase 1 projects, after officials from the Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC) opened tenders today afternoon.
The tracks (rails) from this contract will be commissioned on two lines each of both projects and inside the four train maintenance depots:
- Kanpur Metro Line-1: IIT Kanpur – Naubasta (23.785 km); Depot at Polytechnic College – under construction by K.S.M. Bashir Mohammad & Sons
- Kanpur Metro Line-2: Chandra Shekhar Azad University – Jaurali (8.6 km); Depot at Agriculture University – Tender Notice Pending
- Agra Metro Line-1: Sikandra – Taj East Gate (14.25 km); Depot at PAC Grounds – Under Construction by Lisha Engineers
- Agra Metro Line-2: Agra Cantt. – Kalindi Vihar (15.40 km); Depot at Kalindi Vihar – Tender Notice Pending
UPMRC invited bids for this package on October 20 with an estimate of Rs 530 crore and completion period of 48 months.
- IRCON International
- KEC – GSC – EMRAIL JV
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T)
- Rahee – Yapiray JV
- TPL – ATIL JV
- Texmaco Rail & Engineering
Brief Scope: Design, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of Ballastless Track of Standard Gauge in 4 Corridors in Elevated as well as Underground Sections of Kanpur and Agra Metro Project along with supply of fastening systems and associated Ballasted/Ballastless Tracks in 4 Depots.
The bids have now been sent for technical evaluation which can take a couple months to complete. When that is done, the financial bids of the technically qualified bidders will be opened to reveal who’s the lowest bidder and most likely contractor for supplying the tracks.
With this development, here’s how all four track-related packages now stand.
- Package KNPAGT-1: Supply of 17,700 MT Head Hardened Rails (60 E1, IRS-T-12-2009, 1080 grade HH) – Status: Bidding Underway
- Package KNPAGT-2: Supply of standard gauge UIC 60 turnouts, scissor crossovers and check rail – Status: Awarded to Voestalpine VAE VKN India
- Package KNPAGT-3: Design, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of Ballastless Track of Standard Gauge in 4 Corridors with supply of fastening systems and associated Ballasted/Ballastless Tracks in 4 Depots – Status: Technical Bids Opened today (this post!)
- Package KNPAGT-4: Supply of 1620 MT Rails (UIC 60 / 60 E1, IRS-T-12-2009, 880 grade, Class A) – Status: SAIL was only bidder
A list of all packages (civil and systems) and their status can be viewed here for Kanpur Metro and here for Agra Metro.
For more updates, check out the Kanpur & Agra sections of The Metro Rail Guy!