13 firms have submitted a total of 34 bids for the construction of 518 km Bengaluru – Vijayawada Expressway project’s first 4 packages after National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) opened technical bids today.
This 6 lane access-controlled expressway will be built under Bharatmala Pariyojana (BMP) Phase 2 with a mix of brownfield-upgrade (36%) and greenfield (64%) routes. Its alignment will pass by Kadapa lending it the name of BKV Expressway.
Packages 1 to 4 lie in Andhra Pradesh and connect Kodur (chainage 0.00) to Nallacheruvu palli (96.30). NHAI invited tenders for their construction in September 2022 with a 730 day (2 year) deadline.
- Dilip Buildcon Ltd. – P1, P2, P3 & P4
- Dineshchandra R Agrawal Infracon Pvt. Ltd. – P3 & P4
- G R Infraprojects Ltd. – P1, P2, P3 & P4
- HG Infra Engineering Ltd. – P1, P2, P3 & P4
- KCC Buildcon Private Ltd. – P1, P2, P3 & P4
- KNR Constructions Ltd. – P1, P2, P3 & P4
- Lekcon Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd. – P2 only
- Megha Engineering and Infrastructures Ltd. – P1, P2, P3 & P4
- NSPR Constructions India Pvt. Ltd. – P1 & P2
- Rajendra Singh Bhamboo Infra Pvt. Ltd. – P1 only
- Raj Path Infracon Pvt. Ltd. – P2 & P3
- RK Infracorp Pvt. Ltd. – P2 only
- RR Constructions and Infrastructure India Pvt. Ltd. – P2 only
Package 1’s Brief Scope: Development of 6 Lane Access Controlled Greenfield Highway from Kodur (Ch. 0.000) to Vanavolu (Ch. 24.300) of Bengaluru Vijayawada EC on HAM under BMP Ph1 in Andhra Pradesh (Pkg-1)
Package 2’s Brief Scope: Development of 6 Lane Access Controlled Greenfield Highway from Vanavolu (Ch. 24.300) to Vankarakunta (Ch. 45.700) of Bengaluru Vijayawada EC on HAM under BMP Ph-I in Andhra Pradesh (PKG-2)]
Package 3’s Brief Scope: Development of 6Lane Access Controlled Greenfield Highway from Vankarakunta (Ch.45.700) to Odulapalle (Ch.72.000) of Bengaluru Vijayawada EC on HAM under BMP Ph-I in Andhra Pradesh (PKG-3)
Package 4’s Brief Scope: Development of 6Lane Access Controlled Greenfield Highway from Odulapalle (Ch.72.000) to Nallacheruvu palli (Ch.96.300) of Bengaluru Vijayawada EC on HAM Mode under BMP Ph-I in the Andhra Pradesh (PKG-4)]
The bids have now been sent for technical evaluation which can take a couple months to complete. When that is done, the financial bids of the technically qualified bidders will be opened to reveal who’s the lowest bidder and most likely contractor for each package.
The project’s 343 km greenfield section connecting Kodikonda, AP to Addanki, AP has been divided up into 14 civil packages. Bidding is underway for 6 more packages while tender notices are pending for 4 – see a list and their contractors/status here.
For more updates, check out the Expressway section or my Home Page! Sign up for free instant email notifications on new posts over here. Like this post? Get early-access to updates and support the site over here.