Texmaco Rail and Engineering last week celebrated casting all 24 track turnouts for Bangalore Metro’s 15.257 km Reach 1A & Reach 1B (Baiyyappanahalli – Whitefield) extension of the Purple Line.
These turnouts will enable the system’s BEML trains (and in the future CRRC-Titagarh trains) to guide from one track line to another when this extension opens up in 2023.
- P169 – P172 – Garudacharpalya Station
- P402 – P404 – Pattandur Agrahara Station (earlier known as ITPL Station)
- P406 – P409 – Pattandur Agrahara Station (earlier known as ITPL Station)
- P471 – P474 – Channasandra Station (earlier known as Ujjval Vidyalaya Station)
- P487 – P489 – Channasandra Station to Whitefield Station
- P496 – P499 – Whitefield Station
- P499 – P502 – Whitefield Station
ITD Cementation India had launched Reach 1B’s final segment in November 2020. The only major gap on the Whitefield extension’s viaduct is on Reach 1A between Benniganahalli (Tin Factory) and Byappanahalli where land acquisition hurdles and design changes had put work on hold.
Twitter follower Sandeep VK recently shared a cool drone view from that section – check it out here where steel girders will be placed. At this time, I see trial runs commencing no sooner than Q1 2023.
For more updates, check out the Bangalore section or my Home Page! Sign up for free instant email notifications on new posts over here. Like this post? Get early-access to updates and support the site over here.