MahaRail Invites EOI for Pune-Nashik Semi HSR’s Tunnel Work
Maharashtra Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd (MRIDC), also known as MahaRail, last week invited expression of interest (EOI) proposals for shortlisting civil contractors for constructing tunnels on the 234.60 km Pune – Nashik Semi High-Speed Rail project that aims to connect both cities with a greenfield broad-gauge double-line at an estimated cost of Rs. 16,039 crore.
A total of 18 tunnels with a combined length of 21680m are planned to be built on this line ranging from 180m to 6640m. Here’s a full list with each tunnel’s starting chainage, ending chainage and length. Their exact locations has not been revealed.
- Tunnel 1: 214100 to 214520; 420m
- Tunnel 2: 236840 to 237100; 260m
- Tunnel 3: 237780 to 238480; 700m
- Tunnel 4: 239160 to 239860; 700m
- Tunnel 5: 255260 to 255440; 180m
- Tunnel 6: 255640 to 257960; 2320m
- Tunnel 7: 258220 to 264860; 6640m
- Tunnel 8: 276600 to 276980; 380m
- Tunnel 9: 305020 to 306640; 1620m
- Tunnel 10: 320640 to 322060; 1420m
- Tunnel 11: 325700 to 326040; 340m
- Tunnel 12: 326260 to 326640; 380m
- Tunnel 13: 335520 to 338360; 2840m
- Tunnel 14: 338780 to 339940; 1160m
- Tunnel 15: 344140 to 344880; 740m
- Tunnel 16: 377020 to 377680; 660m
- Tunnel 17: 400320 to 400480; 160m
- Tunnel 18: 401860 to 402260; 760m
Tender Notice: MRIDC/ EoI/ Civil Contractor/Tunnel/ 2020/08 (Link to Tender Notice)
Scope: Invitation for Expression of Interest (EOI) for Empanelment of Civil Contractors for Construction of Tunnels and other ancillary works in connection with Broad Gauge Railway Line Project between Pune and Nashik and any other project taken up by MRIDC.
- Start Date of downloading documents: 22/10/2020
- Last date for submission of queries: 17/11/2020
- Last date & time of submission of application: 08/12/2020 before 03:00 PM
24 stations are planned on the line at Pune, Hadapsar, Manjiri, Kolwadi, Wagholi, Alandi, Chakan, Rajgurunagar, Bhorwadi, Manchar, Narayangaon, Alephata, Bota, Jambut, Sakur, Ambhore, Sangamner, Devthan, Chas, Dodi, Sinnar, Mohadari, Shinde and Nashik Road.
Here are some details from MahaRail’s tender notice. Portions highlighted in bold are my emphasis –
Purpose of Inviting EOI
The purpose of inviting this EoI is to Empanel / Register Companies / Firms / Agencies as Civil Contractors for the work “CONSTRUCTION OF TUNNELS AND OTHER ANCILLARY WORKS IN CONNECTION WITH BROAD GAUGE RAILWAY LINE PROJECT BETWEEN PUNE AND NASHIK AND ANY OTHER PROJECT TAKEN UP BY MRIDC”.
MRIDC is planning to construct two types of Railway Corridor, as detailed below:
Type-I: In accordance with Indian Railways Standard Specifications, Guidelines & Design parameters.
- Rail Corridor, where Freight trains having axle load of 25 MT will run at maximum speed of 110Kmph and IR Passenger trains with axle load of 17 MT will run at a maximum speed of 160Kmph.
Type-II: In accordance with modified / revised Specifications, Guidelines & Designs provided by MRIDC for High Speed / Semi High Speed trains.
- Rail Corridor, where Freight trains having axle load of 25T will run at maximum speed of 110Kmph and IR Passenger trains with axle load of 17T will run at a maximum speed of 160Kmph.
- In addition to the above, MRIDC has planned to run a Broad gauge semi-highspeed EMU (Electric multiple unit) at a speed of 200Kmph initially, to be increased to 250 Kmph.
- The cross section of tunnel for double line rail track will be approximately 90 Sqm for Semi High speed rail project.
- The Tunnel having length more than 1000 mtr will have parallel escape tunnels connected with cross passages at regular intervals as per NFPA guidelines.
- The tunnels are to be constructed in accordance with Indian Railways Standard Specifications, Guidelines & Design parameters or as per modified / revised Specifications, Guidelines & Design provided by MRIDC for High Speed/Semi High-Speed Trains.
- If tunnels are constructed in accordance with modified / revised Specifications, Guidelines & Design parameters provided by MRIDC, Freight trains having axle load of 25T will run at maximum speed of 110Kmph and IR Passenger trains with axle load of 17T will run at a maximum speed of 160Kmph. In addition to this, Passenger trains having 17T axle load with speed potential of 250 KMPH are to be run on this system.
- The scope mentioned above are not exhaustive, the work specific detailed scope will be provided during tendering stage
A more detailed scope of work can be read in the tender notice.
For more updates, check out the Pune – Nashik SHSR section of The Metro Rail Guy!